Since 1962 Glenbrook Auto Parts has been providing NAPA parts to the Glenview, Northbrook, Niles and Morton Grove communities.
A second-generation owner of the family business, Ray Hillinger and his 12-member team serve retail and wholesale clients in Chicago’s North Shore and north suburbs.
Proud to be independently owned and operated as corporate auto parts stores become more the norm, Ray joined the business in 1980 and has been providing quality customer service ever since .
Ray and his team keep their customers coming back by providing quality parts, friendly service and quality advice.
The key to their success: Putting community first. The Hillinger family has been in Glenview for more than 50 years, and the average team member has been with Glenbrook Auto Parts for 19 years. Customers have the ability to talk to the same people each time they come in or call. A community of parts professionals serves each person that comes in contact with the store.
A Community Standard Since 1955:
Bob Hillinger opened Glenbrook Auto Parts when it was one of 3 NAPA stores in the Chicago market. He got his start in the auto parts industry in 1955, when he went to work for Schubert Auto Parts in Wilmette. Bob bought out the owner in 1957 and was later approached by NAPA Corporate about opening in Glenview.
The first location at 1230 Waukegan Road was halfway between Glenview and Northbrook. Thus the name: Glenbrook Auto Parts. The company moved to its current location at 1723 Waukegan Road in 1976.
For local history buffs, this building was formerly the showroom for Wigglesworth Volvo.